At Castle Hill, inclusion, diversity and equality are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values are resolute. These are the principles guiding us in how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a school that’s the right fit for every person inside of it. We are continually building and developing a culture where difference is valued and celebrated.
We are committed to:
- All our pupils and staff having access to high quality education and training.
- Ensure that the same educational opportunities will be available to all and the potential of each pupil and staff member will be maximised.
- Ensuring that every pupil and staff member have the right to educational support.
- Providing all pupils and staff with opportunities to experience success and the joy of learning.
- Keep life-long learning, for all, at the heart of all we do.
- Promoting ‘Learning Without Limits’ for all by ensuring that nobody is disadvantaged by any of the protected characteristics.
- Providing an education to all pupils and staff which will enable them ‘to learn, to think and to adapt.’
Equality Targets 2021-2025
Objective 1: To continue to promote understanding and respect for equality and diversity in all stakeholders.
Objective 2: To narrow the pupil premium gap in reading, writing and maths in all year groups.
Objective 3: To ensure that the school promotes role models and heroes that young people positively identify with, who reflect and broaden the school’s diversity in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability and any other protected characteristics.
We believe that diversity is a strength and should be valued and respected by all: our pupils, our staff, our parents and carers, trustees and our visitors.